Saturday, February 09, 2008

Self Evident Truths

I am convinced that those societies [as the Indians] which live without government enjoy in their general mass an infinitely greater degree of happiness than those who live under European governments.
-- Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1787


There is a process that I had come to recognize when I look back to historical perspective that was important to me. Alain Connes defined it in terms of mathematics for me when he said,"the basic concepts of mathematics are infinitely closer to an indecomposable element", a kind of elementary particle" of thought with a minimal amount of ambiguity in their definition."

A VIEW OF MATHEMATICS Alain CONNES

Most mathematicians adopt a pragmatic attitude and see themselves as the explorers of this mathematical world" whose existence they don't have any wish to question, and whose structure they uncover by a mixture of intuition, not so foreign from poetical desire", and of a great deal of rationality requiring intense periods of concentration.


While I myself am not versed in the number of mathematical systems out there, it was a journey to select the quotes and have these quotes direct my thinking, by comparative and correlative understandings. One had to have some core value system in order to recognize the "essential element of paradigmatic changes" that theoretical positions undergo when mathematical abstracts are introduced to creating perspective change in any system that is already in place.

Nature's Greatest Puzzle by Chris Quigg-SLAC Summer Institute August 2, 2004

While the thrust is experimental in design, there had been a move away from theoretical principle? If you would like a Michael Shermer of the science world to be represented by a man of Woitian design who thinks same, it would have been far better to listen to those who will acknowledge string theories mathematical construct for what it is.

It is a reductionistic one, and pushes perspective farther back then Steven Weinberg's first Three Minutes. That is the lesson, that while the very idea of the matter defined states of existence, along side of those massless entities through collisional processes, we are looking to describe the interactions. It is also asking for such theoretical thinking to move itself ever closer to that "indecomposable element."

Mind Maps: Mathematical Constructs


Einstein and Schrödinger never fully accepted the highly abstract nature of Heisenberg's quantum mechanics, says Miller. They agreed with Galileo's assertion that "the book of nature is written in mathematics", but they also realized the power of using visual imagery to represent mathematical symbols. Arthur Miller


The journey is an arduous one when one ventures ever close to that indecomposable element. That is the very exercise one should be interested in. Again, I would have had to listen to all those rejected from the validation process, to hear them say, "why not my exercise in mathematic judgement?" Something is wrong with it. The system, and not my construct of it? Hey, I hear you, what the heck do I know:)

I had to know something Qui? I spot the very idea of Liminocentric structures to ponit out that a philosophical take is driving someone else's visions of thinking. No it is not Heliocentricity. I take this position as well because I recognize something. Okay, I am not a Garrett Lisi, whose derivations to all degrees of freedom, and the emergent process ultimately is defined in all elemental qualities to it's finality.:)

But you see this is the point of using "the vision" and thinking about what is self evident. I advocated Susskind's rubber band image of mind, after intense efforts to deduction. What value this "aha moment" when it is a leap of faith? It arose out of deeper place that talks to that structured faculty of the mind to explore the reaches within.

And I fiddled with it, I monkeyed with it. I sat in my attic, I think for two months on and off. But the first thing I could see in it, it was describing some kind of particles which had internal structure which could vibrate, which could do things, which wasn't just a point particle. And I began to realize that what was being described here was a string, an elastic string, like a rubber band, or like a rubber band cut in half. And this rubber band could not only stretch and contract, but wiggle. And marvel of marvels, it exactly agreed with this formula.

I was pretty sure at that time that I was the only one in the world who knew this.
LEONARD SUSSKIND:


So you see there is a deductive process and an intuitive one that is in place that I am speaking too. It of course recognizes "the reason" with which such a deduction should take place. That it leads to to what is "self evident." From there, that time away from intense thinking allows for the limits of our reasoning, a look into the future.

Strip yourself of your Ego. Strip yourself of your name. How naked then, that any possession means little. Think then, that what comes into mind is free, and like a pebble widens as rings. While on the soapbox and standing there, you then recognize how unimportant one's name is. It is coming to see, the finer parts of one's constitution that we finally see who the person is.

See:

  • What a Good String Theorist Should Know?

  • Heralded from the 21st Century: String Theory
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment