Thursday, April 27, 2006

Comprehending New Physics?

Scientists May Soon Have Evidence for Exotic Predictions of String Theory issued by Northeaster University

"String theory and other possibilities can distort the relative numbers of 'down' and 'up' neutrinos," said Jonathan Feng, associate professor in the Department of Physics and Astronomy at UC Irvine. "For example, extra dimensions may cause neutrinos to create microscopic black holes, which instantly evaporate and create spectacular showers of particles in the Earth's atmosphere and in the Antarctic ice cap. This increases the number of 'down' neutrinos detected. At the same time, the creation of black holes causes 'up' neutrinos to be caught in the Earth's crust, reducing the number of 'up' neutrinos. The relative 'up' and 'down' rates provide evidence for distortions in neutrino properties that are predicted by new theories."


Well, having tried to understand what this might entail, I have engaged from a layman perspective, my interest in string theory, to see if I could indeed to get to the "heart of the matter." :)

Moving to higher energies, the expected fluxes of neutrinos become smaller, that even a cubic kilometer detector is not able to detect them. Larger volumes can be achieved by replacing optical sensors by acoustic detection. The reason is that acoustic waves can propagate over larger distances than light and allow wide spacing of detectors, and therefore larger detector volumes.



So having understood the high energy interactions above us, what said that the lower energies would have not been followed to some "end?" What "new physics" would have said that what was produced in the sun, and what energy particles emitted into the space, would thusly be recognized in the collidial events. Would have been traced to evidence, as some theorectical conclusion might have evailed of itself?



INtuitive recourse and back.

What that might mean is a philosophical endeavor of mine own, although not well schooled, had existed somewhere deep in the oblivion of the soul encased here. The schooling that has gone on in thesense of out reach programs show by the articles listed by cosmic varaince, respectvely of the two organizations, are very important to me.

What made them f cosmic variance not think I had been doing this kind of stuff on my own years before and in my attempts now, encouraging society to take hold of it's destiny responsibly, and not let it be overtaken by captialistic visionaries, that were out to line their own pocket, then share their philosophies with us while we wroked life and it's responsiblities?

While gone for a bit on my own personal views about Intuition and the kind, it is time to get back to work. Understand where people are going with the theoretical model developed, called "String/M Theory, and try access what valuable insights had been developed "forward" in respect of what those extra dimensions might mean in study "now."

An "arrow of time" thing, that has confused me greatly, even though entropically I understood the resulting universe had become very complex, while at one time, in maybe some supersymmtrical realization, it was much simpler?

Gellman siad it very well earlier on in this blog, by his introduction of what constitued complexity, and this was well within some measurable idealization.

About My personal Beliefs

Sure I could cover it all with the mystic of my personal views and may mislead, having surmized somethings about it. This could be thought as disasterous, when not providing the complete picture that had taken me to the things that I think about.

Truly after studing for a lot of years, although not creditialed, I would like to say too, that society and the developement of the social construct is very important to me as well. What is left "out there" for consideration, should be academically correct.

So I stay very close to the front of, and thinking of scientists who work their respective fields.

This is not to say that I had not developed my own respective views, as if raised religiously, that I would abandon my own beliefs about what God might mean to me.

Just that I continue to act responsibly, as a humanist, and undertanding well the social construct of religion, as my own biographical sketch is well defined in this area, I too became a free thinker. Would like to move ahead as best the human being can be, as I learn to understand our roles in society, our responsibilites in regards to "education and truth to reason" as best as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment