Sunday, October 20, 2013

Gravity The Movie and the Expanse of Space



Went and saw the movie yesterday. I must say it had a crazy effect on me seeing the movie in 3d.

It seem to capture some of my fears about having lost some constraint on how one is attach to the matters with which we are held bound. The grasping continuously,  of trying to grab onto and hold too, as if the need exists for all humanity to be grounded.

Effectively as a participant once fully engaged, it showed me a glimpse into the future, one way or another, of being involved in the process. While being to old to ever consider such a process now in space exploration, if there is a future life,  I have already glimpsed it,  and seen some of the work I was going to do.

Wishful thinking on my part perhaps, but equally real that the fear of being lost in space, ever so real as to the understanding of what we may call home to many of us. It is as fragile to realize that what we call home here on earth could have ever lost such bounds as to what we all remain attached too. In that moment of realization perhaps to see all around, us, as no longer being held to Earth as the mass between us somehow looses it gravitational hold.

You must forgive me for my layman pondering. How is it that we can change this gravitational connect between the masses without altering the mass of one? It seems to me that there is a  link  to mind somehow in what I come to believe to be true, is an ability to change how that mass is viewed? Is there any scientific proof for this that we can change the laws of gravity, by either injecting something into the space between these masses, or,  by altering the nature of the mass itself?

As Sandra Bullock is shown on the shore,  we find we are safe again.



Such a feeling had been deeply entrenched in my mind as I moved closer to the edge of a viewing point over looking  the Grand Canyon. That such an expanse of space was to have been found with such familiarity,  as in the movie just seen.

So in a way this idea of releasing the matters is a strange thing in my mind as to have ever considered it beyond the materialistic binds with which this process is viewed. That there are other and thought provoking ideas about what the spirit of ourselves can ever be held so tightly so as to see the way in which we are connected to the experiences in life.

What would it mean to have found that the attachments of life can be so easily held in perspective that we can release those things which keep us grounded. Not that we feel safe, but to realize that there is another kind of gravity that holds us to the materialistic binds which make our lives human here on earth.



See Also:

1 comment:

  1. L. Edgar Otto1:58 PM

    A very nice essay, must have been a powerful movie I have to see. Well, some of my thoughts lately has elements of the Platonism in it so I made a poem for the ladies in the imaginary garden poet's blog and one said it reminded them of that movie.

    http://dreamikins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete