Sunday, July 15, 2012

Project Glass: I Can See Your Thoughts?



We believe technology should work for you — to be there when you need it and get out of your way when you don't. A team within our Google[x] group started Project Glass to build this kind of technology, one that helps you explore and share your world, putting you back in the moment. Follow along with us at http://g.co/projectglass as we share some of our ideas and stories. We'd love to hear yours, too. What would you like to see from Project Glass?


An image of a cat that a neural network taught itself to recognize.


MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. — Inside Google’s secretive X laboratory, known for inventing self-driving cars and augmented reality glasses, a small group of researchers began working several years ago on a simulation of the human brain.


Andrew Y. Ng, a Stanford computer scientist, is cautiously optimistic about neural networks. 
There Google scientists created one of the largest neural networks for machine learning by connecting 16,000 computer processors, which they turned loose on the Internet to learn on its own. 
Presented with 10 million digital images found in YouTube videos, what did Google’s brain do? What millions of humans do with YouTube: looked for cats. How Many Computers to Identify a Cat? 16,000



So the idea here is that given enough information about the neurological data recorded from the picture of the brain,  neuron ignitions,  then what said we could not have taken that data and used it to create a image of what the mind of the other person is thinking? Looking into the images of Dreams so as to analyze the deeper recordings of the soul's language and creativity.

Oh Google Brain  then is a larger perspective of the human brain?

What if on the screen of that eye glass my Avatar materializes to answer my questions?

3 comments:

  1. You know, I find it incredulously odd that you haven't had an infraction and cease and desist directives linking to this blog as doing so is in direct violation of their TOU.

    I'm glad they haven's as I enjoy reading this blog, but I do think it underscores the policy enforcement inconsistency.

    Thanks for your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi RBM,

    IN tody's world all these years how one not relate but by finding corresponding information that arise in subjects not to contribute by providing further information? I think this policy but be updated so as to provide for the future of information sharing.

    I think in a indirect way they have been saying so but I wasn't sure until today after you have mentioned it.

    If we bring information to the table.....why would you interfere that. I am in the truest sense a INTJ and have spent most of my life learning about science and not just about one aspect of it.

    When I first started the INTJ forum I disable some private messages because I did not know how to stop a person from continuing dialogue with me other then to disable. I have tried to do some work today to see if there is a way to provide the MOds as a way to communicate with me.

    Best,

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh, that's why the explicit public statement in a post with a link ?

    I've been issued infractions for advertising Campbell's work. The admin's solution was to excerpt without attribution. The only exception to that behavior was in your 'Superset' thread. That seems an obvious position to take on a thread about his work - by someone other than me.

    ReplyDelete