Friday, May 18, 2007

Electrical Shed

I really miss doing my study of those things scientists engage in, but getting ready for the work ahead, the planning stages, are always important. Just as anything in life is, when you decide to undertake any move, or change of location.

Yesterday and today, my boy and I completed a 12 by 12 shed, construction grade of course. It cost my wife and I about $2500.00 dollars when completed. All the framing is done according to current construction methods. I will insert pictures later on in these postings when I get my equipment back up and running.

The idea here is to get power as soon as possible so that we can move our little 19ft trailer to our property. Having this power plus other conviences of life, are a priority, while we set up the connections underground to our new house. Having this shed is the first step.

A electrical contractor will put a mast on this shed and the electrical department will connect to this when it is ready. Two things are required here. The electrical setup that satifies the electrical people, and the money of course, to connect to the shed.

The cost to the electrical department is about twenty-two hundred dollars. This will give me a connectin to the grid, a 40 ft hydro pole and about a 150 ft of wire in this connection.

Most of the the services to the new home as I had mentioned will be underground, removing lines above ground. If you have ever work properties, this sometimes becomes a impediment to bringing heavier equipment, al the while watching overhead. Most of the bigger trucks, will evade this by coming before the conections to the house are made.

I have talked to the drillers about water and this is coming soon. As well the sewer fellow who had done my clearing will be putiing the septic field in. Having done perks test, this allows him to know where the field will be located. It has to be 100ft away from these feild and my well. I'd like it further of course:)

No comments:

Post a Comment