Thursday, September 20, 2007

Progress on the House

(Please ignore the date on the picture as it was taken yesterday by my wife.)

One of the first things that I will be doing is getting a new satellite system called Xplorinet to replace the dial up service I am now using.

Can you image the patience that is needed in order to complete any blog posting?

Yes, I have looked at all the ways in which to speed this up, and to no avail. One can take for granted the speeds at which they work, especially if they use University internet services with the high rate of speed that goes along with it.

You know when we were younger I can remember the need to move lots and adjust to what we would like in the future. Maybe it was not like the young folk who with their degrees need to travel to the new locations in which to practise they trade, but still it was a up rooting.

So having stability for any new science person would be a "dreamy thing" in which to explore the trade and travel according to that trade, but always appreciative of the home based with which they could return.

These are my thoughts about what the PI institute could do for the people it attracts. For keeping new science individuals here in Canada under this prospect. Allows, the creative ingenuity to thrive. Knowing full well of course that some of the benefits of working at that Institute are taken care of. We all have to live.

Warmth Frees us from the "Agitation of Being Cold"

I do not think a lot of people understand the need for getting focused, requires that we take care of some of the things that allow us to think creatively and allow ingenuity to be set free.



In the picture to the right, here I had decided to to use the in floor heating after all. I was made an attractive offer I could not economically refuse. Using those Styrofoam templates for the piping convinced me. I was going to purchase the styrofoam anyway, and it would have cost me the same as if I spent it. It would not have included the new heating system.

Anyway the heating system was fired up yesterday to allow for the heat needed for the dry wallers to begin their work. The insulators will be in on Friday, so things are progressing.

Living Space

You notice how open it is in picture above? We built the house this way to allow for the outlay of the heating system, and once the concrete is poured, we construct our interior walls.



One of the things that I found interesting, was the bridge we had to build in the centre of that room to allow us to handle the trusses being put up. The bridge is an idea that came out of my son's mind in his house as well. So this is the origination.

Once done I removed it to begin the other work necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment