Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Picasa Web Albums With a Message

I wanted to draw attention to a feature that has been added to my blogger site.

If you look over to the right hand side of this blog you will notice a picture slide show that is rotating. I find like the people of blogger initiatives, this one to be worthy of an addition to your site.

One of the things that I found useful is the reorganization feature that one can choose if they want the pictures to appear in an order. One might like to express a point of view? This is still a work in process for me. I have arranged a portion of the beginning, while the rest are random. So organization is taking time. There is redundancy in terms of repeatable pictures. This has been made useful, to drive a point home.

Using blank pictures to create a division, and a introduction to a new round of pictures. Further experimentation on this development will be post as I work through it and find ways to increase flexibility in this medium choice.

I have done this to reinforce some of the perspective that I share here, as well as, point to connections of relevance I found necessary, when thinking in terms of Einstein's world of gravity in General Relativity. As well, our vision of earth as we go through this "evolution of our senses" in regards to the non-euclidean views.

I have reposted some of the directions from "Google Help
Picasa" for others so that they can get an idea of what can be done with this new medium of expression. Some might like the randomness indeed as a collage of experience, while others, might have a message to share.

How can I embed a slideshow into my blog or webpage?
Print


Using Picasa Web Albums you can create a Flash slideshow to embed in your blog or webpage. Each slideshow features built-in playback controls, size options, and the ability to display captions.

To create and embed a slideshow:

1. Sign in to your Google Account for Picasa Web Albums at http://picasaweb.google.com using your Google Account username and password.
2. Click the My Photos link and select the album you'd like to make a slideshow.
3. Click the Embed Slideshow link. This creates a Flash slideshow from the album you've selected. When you update this album, your slideshow is automatically updated to show the latest photos.
4. To embed the slideshow, copy and paste the HTML code that's shown into your blog or webpage.
5. Optional: For information about the slideshow, click the Picasa logo in the lower-right corner.

Tip: Once it's embedded into your blog or site, people viewing your slideshow can click the person icon to go to your public gallery or click Get Your Own to start making their own portable slideshows.

No comments:

Post a Comment