Sunday, January 29, 2006

The Landscape of the Neighborhood

Can you imagine the photography used in those days, and what we have today in terms of our digital cameras. It certainly is amazing in comparison.

I was lucky enough to have pictures saved of my great grandparents. It is always interesting to see where you came from, and what the background is in one's history. Some think Plato less than human in emotions and some think a unhappy existance. It truly is not so.:)

Some might wonder indeed what is so beautiful about this landscape below. Really, when you see the fields waving as they do close to harvesting season, you'd realize how captive it is.

Some might of thought I would have been talking about the "stringy theory issues" but no, this is about something else. It's about the views of what my Great grandparents saw when they came to this country, and saw some of what you are seeing here.

I wanted to add a earlier post written last year It was Called,

Where Memories are Stored in Time

Fortunately the person behind this lense caught a important part of my bloodline's history. Using the camera, they caught a "frame" of this history and quickly, it was dismissed to the realization, that the imagination no longer requires us to see what we could create in mind. We have come to rely on what can be created for us?


Life memory does not include the images that are beammed through time for us and encapsulated? Do we remember?  Posted by Hello

Have we forgotten, the clean air that once pervaded this planet? They took the population of this countries people and urbanized them to city dwellings?


Everyone has a family history. This is part of mine. The world was very much different then. Posted by Hello

Have we forgotten the room that existed for people, to make there livelihoods? Today, to become more concerned with a window view of some office. Is it the status that would allow our mind to roam in a freer space, then the four walls confined?


City Dwellers have forgotten their roots. Water that might have been scarce in the summer sun, would be collected as ground water. This was used to feed the livestock, and support the families drinking concerns.

Today we turn on taps and and we don't give this another thought. Posted by Hello

As we look to our grandchildren skating on the pond, and look "beyond" to the landscape, what mind is it that the frame of all these images are recorded, and forgotten for ever?

Every child now does not see, what ever child before them saw. Every child does not know what the parent knows? Have we become good modulators of form?

I wanted to add this post that was previously written as well.

Where Hockey Started, and Horses Live

Platos Human face?

There is a human side to the faces of Bloggers? We just tend to forget, that human attributes could have been wiped out in a very technical world.

This is of my grand children feeling the ice in November of 2005.


Why Canadians become Great at Hockey? Posted by Hello

It's always nice to feel the earth under your feet, or the smell of wood smoke from a fire burning. To hear the wind, and feel it effects on your face. The smell of horseshit is not always that endearing, but being in touch with one's human side you learn to empathize with those around you.


At twenty five below celcius you have to wonder about cozy temperatures of the far south Posted by Hello

The fellow on the left facing you is my boy.:) In the middle is his son Jake, and the mother to the right, with head not seen, Tisha.



So here we are.

Today Outside

So now I am going to bring you today and some of the nice things that reminds of us of where we are in our lives.

My wife was outside today, taking some pictures of the snow that fell yesterday. She said these pictures in particluar were taken to remind us of the winter,in the summer time, when it gets warm. Keep it as a screen saver

While the thing of nature would seem so cold, a snow that many down south would not see, it will remain strange and foreign to some. To us, it is a very beautiful scenery when the suns shines.




IN the Summer

She is very good at picture taking and I just wanted to show the collage of flowers that she grew outside our home. She indeed has the "green thumb" in this family.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Plato,

    “Maybe you have old pictures of your families?”

    Just as a little follow from over at Bee and Stefan’s place, that is to wish you and yours a very happy Canada Day. I would have placed this over there, yet I simply don’t care to play straight man for Uncle Al. Although I have no actual photos to offer I do have some facts that you may find interesting that predate the technology.

    The first of my distance relatives born into what would later be called Canada was Margaret Warnell (1792) daughter of Jonah [Wournell] Warnell of Santee, South Carolina (1765) and Jenette McDow of Augustine, South Carolina (1768). As for a U.S. link that continues in Texas today I would offer Henry Warnell (1812) of Arkansas.

    As stated over there in many respects I consider both places to form my own heritage and as such don’t actually perceive a border existing between us; that is, despite the efforts in recent years to reconstruct a wall which since 1814 had never truly existed. Also, as you know I’m a globalist and in the overall view would hope all the borders would fade in time; except for the one of air that separates us from the vacuum of space;-)

    Best,

    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Phil,

    The first of my distance relatives born into what would later be called Canada was Margaret Warnell (1792) daughter of Jonah [Wournell] Warnell of Santee, South Carolina (1765) and Jenette McDow of Augustine, South Carolina (1768). As for a U.S. link that continues in Texas today I would offer Henry Warnell (1812) of Arkansas.

    I find these lineages interesting:)

    Also, as you know I’m a globalist and in the overall view would hope all the borders would fade in time;

    Yes we will have our differences.

    I was trained as a Military police officer at the time of visiting St.Johns. Cornwallis, Nova Scotia(correction it was 75) was the training place then.

    It may come about that such constitutions may be a contractual thing used by selection?

    Foundations of countries are more then just lineage of the drafting of our constitutions, do extend as you know to taking care of one,s population by democratic systems that are not overruled by corporations. These are of course my concerns, although there is a pride of country that I wear to remain apart from the influences these things which make a culture distinct. HEALTH CARE.

    French, aboriginal entrenchment of as a distinct culture in our constitution with which you might unapproved? Would this be consistent with a Globalist view?

    Yes of course the vacuum, from false to true.:)Why not join the competition and the open market and standardize our livelihoods so that we are all paying the same in a Global community?

    Corporations would most definitely ensure this?

    You never did "answer directly(Philosophy major?)" your presence at PI?:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was trained as a Military police officer at the time of visiting St.Johns. Cornwallis, Nova Scotia(correction it was 75) was the training place then.

    Correction here again as to the "basic training," and then to Borden Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Plato,

    “French, aboriginal entrenchment of as a distinct culture in our constitution with which you might unapproved? Would this be consistent with a Globalist view?”

    Culture is something that is maintained by practice and not by constitutions. I’m afraid for me the concept of culture in these cases is a thinly veiled contrivance held out in order to guarantee ownership and control of land and resource, not a way of life or the free expression of one. One need examine what is truly culture and what is simply a devise manifest in order to justify and attempt to legitimize exclusion and or bigotry. Therefore, my view of globalism is something true cultural entities join as to offer the benefits of such culture to those that would embrace it by choice and not by mandate.

    I offered you just part of my heritage and lineage. In as on this continent alone it extends back for more then eight generations I know it to include at least the French, the English, the German, the Scott, the Irish and the aboriginal, with still more I suspect. Who then am I and who should I support or deny favour? You often remind that what is found outside is also found within and I agree, for globalism is not simply something I believe can and will someday form to exist, yet rather something I already know in the truest of senses has already begun to manifest. The future is assured by those that wish it, while the past serves to show the roads that have already been travelled as to indicate which are dead ends, which remain open for passage and which others still are unexplored or be discovered. This is what I consider to be the only true birthright of humanity.

    “You never did "answer directly(Philosophy major?)" your presence at PI?:)”

    Well I hate to disappoint, yet I believe I have already told you my formal education doesn’t extend much beyond high school. What else I know, as little that be, is primarily resultant of my own interest and study. I also have had the benefit of some guidance along the way, which I have expressed and gave acknowledgement to in my own blog. Some of this is from those long and short past while some from others who still exist within our current plain of existence.

    As for my presence at PI it should be equated to be no more then the instinct of a moth in sighting the moon as to aid in keeping a true course. My only hope is that it truly be the moon and not the flame which in Plato’s view would be only a deception.

    Best,

    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  5. PhilAs for my presence at PI it should be equated to be no more then the instinct of a moth in sighting the moon as to aid in keeping a true course.

    Yes, I understand. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on Globalism.

    It is not often that I find one will take the time, as you have, to share the intelligent views and perspectives about the formation of one's take on the current conditions.

    It's appreciated.

    The new entry on "Observables."

    Any thoughts or opinions before one may see the result of that lecture?:)

    Best,

    ReplyDelete