Sunday, February 05, 2012

Bon Iver - Holocene (Official Music Video)



My misses watched them on Saturday Night Live last night so I thought it worth the peek since she knows well my taste in music. You must admit the video is done well in concert with this music. It sort of raises the mystery of youth for most young men as they explore. Wonder about things around them as I do.

At 4:36 of the video the young boy standing on the mound sort of raises a spectral feeling of the history for me. It's as if  one were to meld into this existence of "no barriers to our remembrance,"  might we see all the visual images of that history as far back as our humanity goes? This is a strange feeling for me and the music helps to nurture this creative thinking of "all time some how encapsulate in every moment." I guess the hill and this boy at that time represents this for me. The music for me aids in this exploration.

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I posted this photo for you and your lady concerning Bon Iver.

    http://spheresend.blogspot.com/

    The PeSla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello ThePeSla

    Ah thank-you for the pic and kind words of friendship. The misses enjoyed it too.

    When you go through the video again, and the young boy walks out of the ole ancient building See:Jarlshof That site looked similar?

    It is symbolic for me of the boy waking up in familiar house surroundings to emerge from an ancient site. For me, over and over again it symbolizes the view of the birthing process of how ideas can emerge, and in that sense, the music, the boy, emerge from that building reminds of this.

    The coordination of the music and video were very well choreographed.

    Thank you again.

    Best,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again,

    I am not sure how to post after clicking on the subscribe.

    This concerns the Jung test of which a couple of years ago this was quite controversial on the philosophy chat forum, that is the way it was extended from Jung's original four fold model.

    So for what it is worth: this was my score

    ENFJ
    Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
    Strength of the preferences %
    11 75 50 22

    ReplyDelete